Since assessment is essential and a critical step in the learning process, we had to launch a new framework at the beginning of the academic year for the following reasons:
- It determines whether learning objective have been met or not.
- Assessment affects students’ grades, advancement, and instructional needs.
- Assessment motivates students to develop themselves and work harder.
- Actual assessment helps us know the real level of students. This of course helps us set future development plans.
- The new assessment helps us avoid mark inflation.
All the above-mentioned reasons led us to launch a new assessment Framework.
Note : starting to work according to the MOE assessment in Arabic and Islamic efficiently .we could manage the matter wisely and in a very short time
The students this year used to make projects for each subject in each part of the year. projects helped to a great extent student realize the value of the academic research.
It is a great way to assess what students have studied over a short period of time, that is why we shed light on:
- Different types of questions that reflect the different levels of students.
- Questions that measure the depth of knowledge of each student.
- Paid attention to SAT Style questions that depend on critical thinking.
- This is the first year to examine students orally in French
Note: Through quizzes we could really identify the level of students
Tests are a great way for teachers to find out more about the students themselves. That is why we shed light on:
- Tests covered all what students studied.
- Questions dealt with all different levels of students.
- Questions measured the depth of knowledge.
There is one unified model of lesson planning that is commonly applied by all departments and that was designed according to the common core standards.
We set more clarification for each scale that made it easy for subject heads to evaluate teachers in class visits.
Points were added to measure teacher’s academic performance and contribution outside class rooms. This enabled subject heads to easily differentiate between teachers.
This year we used several applications to help us assess students like plickers , Kahoot….
Zoom experience is a great success.
Participation in extracurricular activities with academics like School Broadcast, competitions, clubs Zoom experience is a great success.
Setting programs for dealing with the low and high achievers.
This is a program helped teachers to focus on how to deal with low achievers and high achievers as well. This led to develop the low achiever student, satisfy the needs of the high achievers, find out talented students.
The Phonics lab was used this year for different purposes:
- Teaching English Phonics
- Teaching Arabic Phonics
- Teaching French Phonics
Activating virtual science labs led students to be more interested and creative.
We used data analysis to improve the educational process and to see where we are.
Actually, this year the training was different for the following reasons
- Based on real needs
- More qualified trainers
In both Science and Computer, we examined students both written and practically
Thanks to plans set by subject heads and the academic administration, Teachers dealt efficiently with the new books this year:
-Mental math books (programs)
BY the end of the year, kindergarteners became able to read,write,participate in activities, depend on themselves, ……………….
They are qualified to be in grade 1
Latest news & event of our schools.